Hey guys, I had a little time on my hands this week (finally). I’m probably super late but I finally got a chance to visit my nearest ELF store. Located at Roosevelt Field Mall (630 Old Country Rd, Garden City, NY). Which is pretty ironic because I work right next door to it. ELF has a cute little store that houses their entire products from mineral foundations to their popular brushes! Lately, I’ve been on the hunt for a nice kabuki brush and contour brush without feeling like I’m paying an arm and a leg for it. I was able to snag a few things that I felt would make my makeup applications a bit easier for a LOT LESS. Hallelujah! As you can see from the photo above, here are the things that I got:
HD Mattifying Balm ($6) – Minimizes the appearance of pores, mattifies skin and absorbs excess oil for a shine-free flawless look.
- Formulated with Vitamin E, Jojoba, Almond and Grape Oil to help nourish the skin.
- Contains a compact mirror and sponge for application.
- Can be used under or over makeup.
I was intrigued by this because I was looking for a good face balm that would blurr my pores without making my makeup look cakey. I rubbed a little bit on my wrist when I was in the store and liked how it made the lines on my skin look non existent. I was also looking for a cheap alternative for Mally Beauty’s Evercolor Face Defender ($40) and Smashbox’s Original primer ($36). I’ll try this out for a week and I will let you guys know if it exceeds my expectations. Hopefully it’s not a flaky silicon balm.
Ultimated Kabuki Brush ($10) – Multi-use brush for blending, highlighting, contouring and stippling.
- Contains flat edges that fit the contours of your face.
- Soft Bristles. Easily distributes powder.
- Easy to clean. Vegan.
I’ve never owned a kabuki brush. (I know, SAD RIGHT?!) What kind of Makeup Artist am I!? Lol. While I was in the store, I felt the brush tester and was quite impressed so I ended up purchasing it. Due to the bristles being extremely soft, I hope it deposits my contouring and highlighting powders well.
Contouring Brush ($6) – Specifically designed for advanced makeup application to help achieve professional looks.
- The densely packed hair and structured shape achieves flawless dimension along the cheekbones, forehead, and jawline for targeted contouring.
- Perfect for using with pressed or loose bronzer powder, liquids, and creams to create beautiful sculpting all over the face.
- This brush is made by artisans with expert craftsmanship to cut, shape, and hand-assemble the ultra-fine synthetic hair for a luxurious experience.
Dude. Imagine how awesome my bronzer will look! I can imagine the definition this will bring to my cheek bones.
Fan Brush ($3) – This new anti bacterial, synthetic haired Taklon brush is softer and more absorbent and can be used with wet or dry products.
I was in serious need of a small delicate fan brush for the days when I wanted a subtle highlight.
Have you visited the ELF Store? How did you like it?