Sometimes you need to hear or read a good quote to put life into perspective. Sometimes whatever you’re going through ends up not even being that deep until you’re smacked into reality by a quote. What I admire most about quotes is that: majority of them say so little, but mean SO much.
With that being said, here are a few quotes that brighten up my mood in any given situation! Also, if you can guess my favorite word from this post, you’ll get a shout out! 😉 hint: I’ve used it a couple of times…
“Every 60 seconds you spend upset, is a minute of happiness you can’t get back” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
* Whatever negative mood I happen to be in; I always remember, the time I’ve wasted fueling that energy and indulging in it, I can’t get back. What’s done is done. The only option is to move forward and to stay positive! It’s easy to be miserable and hate the world, but only a strong spirit can remain positive in a time of darkness.
“What you allow is what will continue” – Unknown
* This is a very powerful unspoken rule to live by. It can be applied to so many scenarios. If you allow people to take advantage of you, it will happen. If you allow things to spiral out of control, it will happen. If you respect yourself, people will continue to respect you. It’s all about what YOU put forth and accept. It pretty much is the cousin to the quote ‘treat people how you would like to be treated’
“The biggest coward is a man who awakens a women’s love with no intention on loving her” – Bob Marley
* We live in a glorious world where people play emotional games consistently. Not just men, people as a whole. It’s whack that someone will go out of their way to not reciprocate an interest they’re responsible for. Like, what’s the point? There’s a difference between dating, testing the waters, and just being a fuck boy. Don’t be a fuck boy.
“If you are always trying to be normal, You will never know how amazing you can be” – Maya Angelou
* I love this quote by Maya Angelou because it encourages people to be themselves and to refrain from seeking validation from others. If you’re too busy trying to follow the formula of normality, how will you ever reach your greatest potential? How will you ever know yourself? If it’s one thing that sets you back, it’s how you measure your life based on how other people are living theirs. We use the pronoun ‘YOU’ for a reason. That’s addressing the existence of your whole entire being. Own every sense of that word and realize that you only get one shot. Furthermore, if being normal is something you have to put effort into, you’re already selling yourself short. Be the crazy abnormal fuck that you are! (just don’t be no fuck boy.)
“Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you’re wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn’t love you anymore” – Lady Gaga
“Let your faith be bigger than your fears” – Unknown
In conclusion, leave it in his hands.
“There’s NO elevator to success; you have to take the stairs – Unknown
* Very essential life lesson. There is NO cheat sheet when it comes to success. We all have to slay dragons and conquer our obstacles. And honestly, success without obstacles wouldn’t be what we identify as success anyway. It’s bittersweet but it’s very much worth every tear drop and sweat that we produce while working towards being great.
Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it. – Bill Cosby
* I’m sure everyone can relate to this. When you dream so big that your goals scare you. Sometimes you just gotta go out and DO. Don’t put too much thought into it. What’s the worst that can happen? A second chance?
“A lot of people are afraid to say what they want. That’s why they don’t get what they want.” – Madonna
“If you look at what you have in life, you’ll always have more. If you look at what you don’t have in life, you’ll never have enough.” – Oprah Winfrey
I always seen this as an equation of the universe. If you’re forever grateful and appreciative of everything that you have, you will always be blessed. If you don’t appreciate, you’ll never be satisfied with life. EVER. Being appreciative is literally ‘the gift that keeps on giving’. Acknowledge every positive aspect or outcome of a situation because it didn’t have to happen that way.
What are some of your favorite quotes that get you going? 🙂 I’d love to know!