A few months back, I received a press sample from The Body Shop. It was their new Oils Of Life Intensely Revitalizing Cream. I’m familiar with The Body Shop! I always felt like their name was funny yet simplistic. ‘The Body Shop’ — Doesn’t get more straight forward than that! Lol. I’ve shopped there a few times. Mainly for their fragrance sprays and body butters. Needless to say, I was excited when I received one of their newest skincare products!
The Body Shop Oils Of Life Intensely Revitalizing Cream
According to The Body Shop‘s website, The Oils Of Life Intensely Revitalizing Cream is: “a night time cream to deeply nourish, visibly revitalize and intensely firm while you sleep. We searched the world and selected 3 Precious Seed Oils known for their revitalizing and repairing properties. By infusing them with 7 Powerful Essential Oils, into a refreshing yet cushiony cream, we’ve created an Intensely Revitalizing Sleeping Cream that replenishes like a dream (almost)”.
3 Precious Revitalizing Seed Oils:
- Black cumin oil from Egypt, known for its concentration in antioxidants.
- Rosehip oil from Chile, rich in repairing Omega 3 and 6.
- Camellia oil from China, naturally rich in nutritive oleic acid.
7 Powerful Essential Oils:
- Lavender Oil from France, known for calming and sedative properties.
- Rosemary Leaf Oil from Tunisia, helps prevent free radical damage and improves skin tone.
- Geranium Oil from South Africa, promotes radiant skin.
- Roman Camomile Oil from Central Europe, a calming agent.
- Marjoram Leaf Oil from Mediterranean countries, used to fragrance the product.
- Orange Peel Oil from Southeast Asia, revitalizes the skin.
- Lavandin Oil from Provence, stimulates the fusion of elastin and collagen.
I didn’t want to review this right away because I wanted to see how good (or bad) the product worked on my skin. I’ve been using this daily for about 2 months before bed each night. Read below to see my first impression and my final thoughts! 🙂
FIRST IMPRESSION: It comes in a small yellow jar made of glass with a cute gold label. Once I opened the jar, I smelled the aroma of soothing herbs, floral and honey(?)..The smell was pleasant! I don’t think anyone with a sensitive nose would be put off by it. It actually reminded me faintly a lot of L’Occitane’s Immortelle Divine Cream! Except it didn’t smell as loud and wasn’t as greasy.
I gently massaged it in. Non sticky! It felt so nice and cool on the back of my hand. The consistency and feeling reminded me of aloe vera gel! It spreads against the skin like butter! I can go on about it but here’s a photo of how moisturized the back of my hand looks. It comes in a 2.7fl oz jar so it’s safe to say this stuff will last you a while.
Products and items that are featured on Lipstick Villain may have been sent for consideration of feature, or may be items that I have purchased myself. Regardless all opinions expressed on this site are of my own and honest. Any sponsored content will be clearly marked, you can read my full disclaimer here at any time.